Everything is coming up Connor Bedard for the Chicago Blackhawks and it might have done the impossible–made the fanbase more excited than it already is. But across the league, even fans of other teams are remarking about what could have been had Bedard gone to their team instead.
— NHLonTNT (@NHL_On_TNT) June 5, 2023
Bedard talked about how the Blackhawks taking him would be incredible while he took playful jabs at commentators on the TNT desk. All of this while sitting beside Wayne Gretzky, which of course, no one can miss the intent of that seating arrangement.
It’s a been whirlwind week for Bedard. He sweeps the CHL awards, becoming the first person to do so. Next, he’s in Vegas touring the Stanley Cup Final with the other three top prospects. Then, he’s on Sportsnet and TNT in the bright lights of primetime.
Whether it’s the skill or the personality that oozes, Blackhawks fans are already in love.
Vegas Takes Game 2
It wasn’t just the goal scoring that caught people’s attention in Vegas’ 7-2 win over Florida. No, it was the bone jarring hits and scrums that really drew the attention.
The Hockey Now network has you covered with both Florida Hockey Now and Vegas Hockey Now churning out opposing views in what is shaping to be a very chippy Game 3.
Blackhawks In Case You Missed It
- Chicago fans are absolutely in love with Connor Bedard. Is June 28th here yet?
- Blackhawks of Tomorrow looks at Paul Ludwinski, who is another talented center in a very deep prospect pool
- Former Chicago Blackhawks forward Alex DeBrincat is on the trade block. Would the Blackhawks look at reacquiring him? Or has that ship sailed like it has for Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews?
Hockey Now Stanley Cup Final Coverage
From Florida Hockey Now:
- Why so serious? Paul Maurice issues a plea for calm and gets to the root of the issue for Florida
- A new one in the hockey lexicon: A Tkachuk Trick: A goal, and two game misconducts
- The Florida Panthers perspective on what happened in Game 2
From Vegas Hockey Now:
- The Vegas perspective of the “beat down” that was Game 2
- The legend of Adin Hill continues to grow as he backstops the Golden Knights to a two-game advantage
- Heard in the Vegas Golden Knights locker room: “We know we have them.”
Hockey Now Network
Boston: A look at Boston Bruins restricted free agent Jacob Lauko
Buffalo: Hall of Fame scribe Kevin Allen writes that Vsevolod Komarov and his game winner in the Memorial Cup forced the Buffalo Sabres to keep tabs on him to the very end of the season
Detroit: Former Detroit Red Wings defenseman Mike Commodore absolutely eviscerates the Blue Jackets for considering Mike Babcock
Montreal: The full details and outlook of Cole Caufield’s new contract with the Montreal Canadiens
Philadelphia: An ironic article in that Radko Gudas known for his hard hits ended up being the recipient of one on Tuesday. Philadelphia Flyers
Pittsburgh: There will be an open spot for Kyle Dubas at the Pittsburgh Penguins draft table
San Jose: Is Tom Willander the answer for the San Jose Sharks on the blue line?
Washington: Hershey neetminder Zach Fucale is headed to the KHL: Washington Capitals