Social media is certainly a bizarre place. The negative is accentuated far more than the positive and it’s interesting to watch how people reacted to Chicago Blackhawks forward Connor Bedard and his hat trick on Saturday.
There was anger from outside those of the fanbase, incensed Chicago has the generational player. Others within and outside cautioning that it’s just exhibition while others point out that he’s exactly as advertised.
Connor Bedard's totals across WJC, WHL, & WHL Playoffs last season:
— 90 Goals
— 96 Assists
— 186 Points
— 2.62 pts/game (215pt/82game pace)
— 67 Even Strength Goals
— 18 PPG
— 5 SHG
— 442 Shots
— 53.5% FO%
He's done everything he possibly could at this point. pic.twitter.com/vrdWwq1iPe
— Big Head Hockey (@BigHeadHcky) September 17, 2023
The Blackhawks prospect pool is a deep one–so outside of Bedard–there’s plenty to be watching and keeping an eye on.
In short, it’s got nowhere to go but up. There will be growing pain but if there was anything seen this weekend–it’s that the future is very bright.
Now comes the patience part.
CHN Top 10
- Hats off to Connor Bedard as he records a trio of goals in the Prospect Showcase opener
- How about those expectations now with Bedard? Good luck keeping a lid on those
- Even though the Blackhawks lost Sunday, the top line stood out again even without Bedard
- Don’t sleep on Drew Commesso’s performance Saturday–he’s showing exactly why the Blackhawks should be excited about him
- The Fifth Third Expansion is not only a boon for the Blackhawks–but for the community, too
- Blackhawks fans and Bedard likely feel the same way about things: ‘Damn, like this is pretty cool.’
- The Nostalgia Tour begins as word is the Blackhawks black jerseys will make a return
- Should there be a Blackhawks Hall of Fame instead of retiring more numbers?
- Hey! Don’t sell Chicago pizza short! On jersey retirements and why Chicago pizza is the country’s best
- A little more on why Drew Commesso is likely to be a revelation in Rockford