The Chicago Blackhawks are at the midpoint place of the season, with things being where most would expect. A lot of that has to do with the injury bug just obliterating the lineup. That same bug is spreading to other teams.
The Boston Bruins dropped its game last night, losing reining Vezina winner Linus Ullmark in the process. The Detroit Red Wings prospect who made a huge impact in the World Juniors is now out with an upper body injury, potentially slowing the rapid tracjectory he looked to be on.
It’s not just the Blackhawks getting the brunt of it. Meanwhile, trade rumors are swirling everywhere and tis the season as the Cutter Gauthier trade really gets things going on a number of levels.
Blackhawks Stories You May Have Missed
- Connor Bedard is out for six-eight weeks after surgery on his fractured jaw
- Four observations in the Blackhawks 2-1 loss to the Oilers that saw them keep things tight
- The Blackhawks midseason point of the season is here. Here’s a look back as to what CHN was right on so far, and some more questions as the season rolls on
- The five questions answered from the Blackhawks midseason audit from the preseason predictions
- Blackhawks fans saw again a team fighting every inch despite the setbacks. Here’s why their faith will be rewarded down the line
Hockey Now Network
Montreal Hockey Now: The Montreal Canadiens had a chance on the Cutter Gauthier trade rumors but passed on adding him to the roster
Nashville Hockey Now: Like the Blackhawks, the Nashville Predators prospects are going to be used to build a strong foundation. It also helps when a couple are named to the All-Star team.
Pittsburgh Hockey Now: The Pittsburgh Penguins, trying to get one final run at a Cup, have a number of options when it comes to trades. Here’s a look at their cap space, and potential options they might have.
Philly Hockey Now: The Philadelphia Flyers head coach John Tortorella went absolutely nuts during his press conference, defending Kevin Hayes in the aftermath of the Cutter Gauthier trade.
San Jose Hockey Now: The San Jose Sharks are angling for the future, and are in prime position for a top spot in the lottery. So knowing they’ll be sellers, here’s a look at trade deadline targets on the roster–for other teams.