The Chicago Blackhawks seemingly can’t get any luck when it comes to injuries. With another Hawk headed to what looks like another week-to-week situation, should they be looking at free agency or possibly making a trade to bring in some depth as things thin out further?
The trade market as it looks is relatively quiet for now. Here’s a look at some teams with some rumbles here and there.
Hockey Now Trade Talk
It’s been on again, off again trade talk with Jake Debrusk. It might be on again? From Boston Hockey Now that the Boston Bruins are at a crossroads with the forward, and a trip down memory lane of trades of NHL past that were different
From New Jersey Hockey Now, a clarification on the earlier reports regarding the New Jersey Devils Michael McLeod who was potentially the source of trade rumors–to which it turns out the Devils have no intent on moving him.
Blackhawks Stories You May Have Missed
- The Blackhawks are shutout 3-0 by the Nashville Predators and lose Anthony Beauvillier to injury
- Grumbling because of the result included some complaints about head coach Luke Richardson. Believe me, he’s the least of the Blackhawks problems this season
- Connor Bedard keeps racking in the awards–netting his second consecutive rookie of the month honor
- The 2005-06 Pittsburgh Penguins remain a great measuring stick for the Blackhawks rebuild. A look at how things shook out after 36 games, and then at the halfway point of the season
- Connor Bedard will win the Calder, Jason Dickinson should be considered for a contract extension, and three other musings as the New Year dawns
Hockey Now Network
Calgary Hockey Now: There are four slumps holding the Calgary Flames back from getting it together through December
Detroit Hockey Now: The Detroit Red Wings 2023 draft pick plays hero at the World Junior Championships for Sweden.
Montreal Hockey Now: The Blackhawks couldn’t take care of business against the Dallas Stars. But the Montreal Canadiens sure did
Nashville Hockey Now: Nashville Predators prospect Dennis Gurianov earns top honors in the AHL
Pittsburgh Hockey Now: A rough night for the playoff chasing Pittsburgh Penguins, who fall to the Washington Capitals 4-3
Philly Hockey Now: It’s barely the new year–but are the Philadelphia Flyers already in trouble?
San Jose Hockey Now: The San Jose Sharks are working hard for that top lottery spot–falling to the Red Wings and extending the losing streak to nine games
Vegas Hockey Now: A review of the Winter Classic for the Vegas Golden Knights–including a plus and minus of the experience