The NHL Draft is less than three weeks away and everyone knows who the Chicago Blackhawks are taking first overall. But what about at 19? Blackhawks General Manager Kyle Davidson spoke at the scouting combine on a number of issues from using cap space to build for the future and what could happen with the 19th overall pick.
— Charlie Roumeliotis (@CRoumeliotis) June 8, 2023
Davidson said he’s not “opposed” to moving back because the depth of the draft can allow for him to take someone later. Beyond that, it would bring in further assets to make the move down. In the end, Davidson points out, it revolves around value. Whether it’s up or down or right at 19, Davidson will do his due diligence.
Panthers Punch Back
The Panthers pulled a rabbit out of their hats late in the third and then buried the game winner on their first shot of overtime. Not bad, considering that after tying the game, they take a (questionable) penalty with 11 seconds left. Florida went to OT, killed the penalty, and then put the game to bed with an overtime winner.
The series stands at 2-1 in favor of Vegas. Make sure to stay up on everything Stanley Cup Final related with our Vegas and Florida coverage which you can find further on.
Blackhawks In Case You Missed It
- Is there a case for Corey Crawford in the Hall of Fame? The gaudy stats voters look for aren’t there but can a deeper dive reveal a netminder who just doesn’t get his due?
- The deep dive into the 2016 Draft for the Blackhawks which netted Alex Debrincat
- Alex DeBrincat was a fan favorite in Chicago. But it’s unlikely he’s back because it just doesn’t fit into the long term vision
- Holy Jumpin! Darren Pang is back in Chicago and it’ll be a move fans will love
- Keep an eye on CHN’s transaction and trade tracker–up to date on everything big going on this offseason
Hockey Now Stanley Cup Coverage
From Vegas Hockey Now
- The Good, Bad, and Ugly – the Golden Knights knew it wouldn’t be an easy road
- Vegas had it and then lost it. A tough loss that makes it a series
From Florida Hockey Now
- Sergei Bobrovsky breathes life back into the Panthers Stanley Cup hopes
- The hero brothers of Matthew Tkachuk and Carter Verhaeghe rally the Panthers when it matters most
- The Panthers party like it’s the late 90’s without the flannel and grunge as they notch their first Cup Final win
Hockey Now Network
Boston: Any Boston Bruins fans hoping Tyler Bertuzzi would re-sign might be disappointed to hear he plans on testing free agency
Buffalo: When the time comes, the Buffalo Sabres need to be deft with new deals for Owen Power and Rasmus Dahlin
Detroit: Independent scouts assess five of the Detroit Red Wings top prospects
Montreal: Here are three candidates for the Montreal Canadiens to potentially buy out
Philadelphia: Want some hockey nostalgia? Potential TV series “Bullies” to focus on the Philadelphia Flyers notable Cup champs from the 70’s
Pittsburgh: Don’t make any assumptions. Which Pittsburgh Penguins RFA’s could be back or be sent away?
San Jose: The San Jose Sharks have a high pick that that need to hit on. Should there be concern with taking Matvei Michkov?