One week down, another week to go for the Chicago Blackhawks in its preseason slate. The first three resulted in a win and a pair of losses, including last night’s to the Detroit Red Wings 6-1.
But there was more they lost, which included Samuel Savoie to a vicious injury to his femur. Trimming the list of players means the end of a dream for some–and more work at another level for others.
Camp is a place where there’s enlightenment with players who come out of nowhere, others who don’t quite play as they appear, and others who unfortunately just don’t cut it.
The week will be one that trims the list down until the opening roster is ready for October 10th against the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Until then, it’ll be a fascinating watch to see who exactly will be on that final list.
CHN Top 10 Blackhawks Stories
- What advice does Sidney Crosby have for Connor Bedard?
- Connor Bedard Still Thinks He Can Be Better
- Samuel Savoie lost indefinitely after injury to femur
- The Blackhawks “kids” on the blue line looked good in Thursday’s win
- Cool and confident Drew Commesso shines in opening win
- Is Lukas Reichel selfish to shoot more?
- The Blackhawks notch a win in their preseason opener
- The ‘Perfect Strangers’ of Kyle Davidson and Connor Bedard may lead Chicago out of a rebuild
- Can Bedard run away with the Calder? Or will there be other players who give him a real challenge?
- Blackhawks by the Numbers: Goal Differential over the last four seasons