Wrote it before and will write it again: Another day, another award for Connor Bedard and essentially, the Chicago Blackhawks:
Connor Bedard is the winner of the E.J. McGuire Award of Excellence! 👏 #NHLAwards
The E.J. McGuire Award of Excellence is awarded to a candidate who best exemplifies commitment to excellence through strength of character, competitiveness, and athleticism. pic.twitter.com/58fKBprJBv
— NHL (@NHL) June 27, 2023
It’s one of the lesser known awards of the NHL accolades but it’s been won by some prominent prospects in the past like William Eklund, Nico Hischier, and Travis Kocecny. The award gets more attention this season, obviously, because of who won it. But just keep the hit parade rolling for Bedard.
If nothing sums up how Blackhawks fans are thinking right now, this one does the trick.
— Blackhawks Talk (@NBCSBlackhawks) June 27, 2023
Trade Rumors Keep Churning
Beyond the deal that brought Nick Foligno and Taylor Hall to Chicago, there’s plenty of rumors flying around the hockey world. Here are just a few around the Hockey Now Network:
- The Boston Bruins may not be done clearing cap yet
- Is Erik Johnson an answer for the Buffalo Sabres?
- Where is the best fit for San Jose Sharks defenseman Erik Karlsson? Sheng Peng asks 10 beat writers
Blackhawks In Case You Missed It
- Taylor Hall and Nick Foglino head to Chicago from Boston via trade
- The deal to bring in two veterans shows that Kyle Davidson will surround his top overall pick with battle tested leadership. The latest on the “Build around Bedard“
- A glance at the Blackhawks contract situation this season and beyond.
Rest of the Hockey Now Network
Colorado: Ryan Johansen is ready to be an asset for the Colorado Avalanche
Detroit: Would the Detroit Red Wings take Gabe Perreault at ninth overall?
Los Angeles: Anzi Kopitar wins the Lady Byng Trophy–his second with the Los Angeles Kings
Montreal: The Montreal Canadiens plan on meeting with Matvei Michkov
Nashville: Pekka Rinne returns to the Nashville Predators as a coach and scout
Pittsburgh: Kyle Dubas’ plan is risky but it sets up the Pittsburgh Penguins rebuild
Washington: Could Washington Capitals forward Connor Brown head off to the Edmonton Oilers?