MacKenzie Entwistle zipped down the ice and pulled off a highlight play to bury a goal and pull the Chicago Blackhawks within a goal against the St. Louis Blues Saturday night. That moment certainly felt like he’d punched his ticket onto the team.
But he was one of many fighting for those final few and precious spots. But he absolutely put an exclamation point next to his name on the play, from the hustle to the finish.
The final decisions won’t be known until later but one can be determined is that the guys who had some question marks next to their respective names made a hell of a statement on Saturday night. Besides Entwistle, how about Boris Katchouk with an assist that got Chicago rolling.
It was a valiant effort from the collection of skaters in the final preseason game. Now, who gets in?
CHN Top 10 Blackhawks Stories
- Hawks Stock Index: Who’s up, holding even, and down as the final roster looms
- Colton Dach making a case to stay with the Blackhawks
- For those rooting for Connor Bedard to fail or complaining of the unfairness that the Blackhawks were able to get him, it’s a tired Catch 22
- The Blackhawks fall to the Blues 5-3 in the final game but many made some noise to stay in Chicago
- Yes, I believe Kevin Korchinski should be on the final roster. But will the coaching staff agree?
- The final push for the Blackhawks bubble players
- Corey Perry continues to endear himself to Blackhawks fans–a pair of goals against the Red Wings will do that
- A look at the Blackhawks prospects who have gone to Rockford and elsewhere
- What is Sidney Crosby’s advice to Connor Bedard? He had a lot to say
- Gavin Hayes‘ coach gets broomed in Flint after two days. What does it mean?