It in’t the official official start of hockey. But it’s getting pretty doggone close. The Chicago Blackhawks will be practicing at Fifth Third this week in anticipation of the Tom Kurvers Prospect Showcase.
The future of the organization gearing up as the preseason is around the corner. Some, like Connor Bedard, will be on the roster. Others will be looking to carve out a spot or to prove a point that sometime soon, they deserve a long look, too.
All of this just a week after one of the iconic members of the Blackhawks past was told his number would be going to the rafters. With Chris Chelios being notified by the organization that his number #7 would go up with the rest of the legend, it’s a sign that thing are indeed moving forward.
In a number of ways.
One week honoring the past as the future readies to kick off another season.
CHN Top 10
- Blackhawks to retire Chris Chelios’ #7
- The Blackhawks decision to do is 100% correct–and long overdue
- Oliver Moore’s wheels on cold steel might turn out to be a draft steal
- Could Frank Nazar be Michigan’s Magic Man?
- Paul Ludwinski is getting a fresh start this season to showcase his speed
- Gavin Hayes has a chance to be “the man” for Flint as a big time goal scorer
- Patrick Kane with the Detroit Red Wings. Because that will go over well with both fan bases.
- It’s go-time for Lukas Reichel to make his mark in Chicago
- Short and Sweet Season Preview looks at the Arizona Coyotes
- The other preview checks in with the Colorado Avalanche